Friday, December 14, 2007

Last night was my last draping class for the semester. My dress wasn't perfect. It certainly wasn't properly finished on the inside, and it had armhole gaposis due to something my teacher described as not taking out a wedge of fabric where the grain is on the bias around the armhole. Apparently this is something that happens with sleeveless garments.
Where are the pictures, you ask? They're on my camera. Which is in my purse. However, I forgot my cord at home, so was not able to upload the pictures when I came in early this morning. So, next post I'll have pictures of my dress for class.
I'm so looking forward to having my evenings to myself again. I have to decide what my next project will be - the jacket that discouraged me in the smaller size? The skirt that continues to defy me? Or a new top pattern? I really, really need jackets in my wardrobe because I currently have 0. This is due to the fact that jacket arms are NEVER long enough for me. So maybe that's what I'll pick up again.
Now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment