Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Eureka!

I found it! Very much after the fact, but I finally found the part that is missing from my 925D serger. This part (or lack of the part, rather) gave me much angst when I discovered it was missing from my ebay purchase.
I was just browsing the website reviews on Patternreview.com, and came across a review for the site www.sewingstyle.com. I clicked the link without reading the review, and scrolled down the page. Then, on a whim, I decided to search the sewing parts - selecting the "loopers" category. Lo and behold - on the last page - the item that has evaded me for months - with a picture even!! The Brother guide calls it a "stitch finger". This site calls it a "stitch tongue". Doesn't matter - never have I been so happy to see a machine PART!
Okay, just wanted to say that. I'll be ordering it. Just too lazy to get up and go find my purse right now...
STOP! DON'T GO TO THAT SITE! I JUST READ THE REVIEWS, AND THEY ARE MOSTLY NEGATIVE! Hmmm, who knew my laziness would pay off? I think I'll hold off on ordering the part rather than give up my credit card info and possibly have fraud issues to deal with later. So, in spite of the fact that the reviews are negative, PatternReview has proven to be a useful source again! Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Do not use the sewingstyle.com website. This website should be closed. Orders are taken and payment is called from your credit card immediately but after that you will hear nothing. They do not answer emails and do not send goods. This website is a huge scam. It is a very good looking site and they claim to sell all those hard to find items that you need, but you will not receive them. Very worrying when you have given your card details to such a scamster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to be a little off topic- I want to take a draping class here in LA to brush up on my skills, and I'm having a hard time finding one. The classes you took sound so interesting- "patternmaking by draping", etc.- where did you go- PCC or LA Trade Tech? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete