Saturday, May 10, 2008

I got tagged...

... by Sherril today. Apparently, the rules are as follows:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.


The nearest book is one of those Reader's Digest collections with four condensed bestsellers in it. I found a bunch of these at a Salvation Army store nearby and walked out with 12 of them! I know, that's a lot of reading material. I have a soft spot for these Reader's Digest editions because my parents had a few back home in Nigeria and what with me being a bookworm back then, I read and reread all the different stories.
Anyway, I digress. Back to the point. Page 123, sentences 5 - 7:
"I can't."
"Anyone who ever hurt you. Any loss, Dana. ..."
The story in the book that this quote comes from is called Safe Harbor by Luanne Rice.

I know I'm owing pictures of my top. I just need to hem it before I take pictures...

1 comment:

  1. I love those old Reader's Digests. My Dad always brought them home for me so I would stay away from his expensive rare & antique books.
    -Nneka

    ReplyDelete