Saturday, June 21, 2008

June is the best month!

Being born in June is the best. I'm sure most people feel the same way about their birth month, but... Anyway, one of the things I like about being born in this month (besides the mostly great weather) is that it's also when VSecret and B&Bworks have their semi-annual sales. It's my chance to stock up on the bath products I like. LOL! You thought I was going to say something more profound than that, didn't you? Sorry to disappoint. I do have to say though, I thought my birth month was ill-appointed when I was in elementary school, because I never got to have my birthday in school like some of the other kids. Go figure.

So, my birthday was on the 10th. I went to work, because I had already scheduled Friday off (doing this when my parents are staying with me to get more quality with them). Before work that morning, I decided to weigh myself, something I normally do just once a week - on Saturday. How thrilled was I that I had finally hit ONEDERLAND?! 198.8 baby! Yah, excellent birthday gift.

My brother, sis-in-law and adorable neice got me two tops and some yummy smelling body cream from said B&Bworks. I asked my parents for an ironing board to replace the dangerously unstable one I've had since I moved out here after college 9 years ago (wow, it's been THAT long?). This is what they bought me. Not only is it sturdy - my only request - but they also were considerate enough to get me something with an iron rest, so I can actually use the whole board for ironing. Yaaay! I just pressed the shirt pattern that you see there. Next step - tracing and alterations - my least favorite part. Yes, you guessed it. I'm procrastinating.




In addition to the ironing board, my parents gave me some $$ to spend, and spend it I did. I got a few cute poly-blend tops for work, and yesterday, I got these really cute shoes. I've been looking for a pair of almost-flats that I can wear either to work or with a pair of jeans. I've finally found them. I actually got these for $40, and was thinking of getting two other pairs of shoes for $20 each instead (the thrifty person in me sometimes goes for quantity rather than quality, unfortunately). Thank goodness I finally knocked some sense into my head - these are leather, the others were not - these have the heel height I was seeking, the others were a little higher - these were a little more comfortable - DUH! I almost had to smack myself for thinking irrationally. I really needed to talk myself out of settling for things I like "enough". So the shoes I "really like" finally came home with me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Welcome to the world of "real" thirty-somethings!
    -Nneka

    ReplyDelete