Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A little progress

After coming back from aqua aerobics and showering yesterday, I had no time to sew. Just ate dinner and went to sleep. Today, since we weren't worked as hard in what I like to call my "boot camp" style class (yes, sometimes this teacher yells at you like a drill-sergeant), I decided to forfeit the shower and sew a little.
I was able to topstitch the tabs for the shoulders and sleeves, and stitched the front to the back. Here is what the top of the front looks like right now.

So next step: attach collar and facing. I'm apprehensive about attaching the sleeves because the instructions say to set in the sleeve, which I always find difficult. I'm not the best at easing fabric... Ah well, I'll just take my time when I get there. I think I will baste the sleeves on by hand first. That will definitely minimize my chances of screwing it up. Off to bed now. Another day of work and exercise tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment