Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Midweek "blahs"

Okay, so I didn't get round to posting my pattern review yet. I will. Ur... um... tonight. It's 7:49am and I'm at work, but feel all beaten up already. Can I make it till 4pm?
Started a "patternmaking by draping" class last night. Was great to hear all the reasons people are taking the class as well as all the industries people are in or want to get into. There are stylists, costume designers, people doing it for fun, people who aren't sure what direction they want to go in yet, folks who want to do buying, some who want to do marketing, folks who want to do costumes for the movie industry, folks who want to be fashion editors... It's amazing. I just want to do this for little old me. Nothing complicated. Now, I don't have a dress form at home, but I'm hoping I can at least get an understanding of how and why patterns look the way they do, and learn how to judge where and how to alter my substantial (about 35) stash of patterns when the time comes.
Okay, I've got my little 8oz cup of coffee next to me, and it's reminding me that I need to start my work day. I'm still trying to shake off the annoying person in the parking lot who for some reason thought I should wait for her while she made a left into my (going straight) lane, and then had the audacity to honk at me. Honestly, the driving manual needs to be weekly mandatory reading for some people. Sigh... Anyway, to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment