Friday, June 19, 2009

A little progress

I've been procrastinating on my current jacket because I absolutely LOATHE putting sleeves in. Here is what is done so far. I messed up the binding on the corners of the collar, so I have to figure out how to fix it without having to take take the collar off completely...
I also realized (after stitching a pattern into the sleeve hems, of course) that the sleeves should probably be much shorter than they currently are.

Honestly, I'm sewing a lot in my head - I have a closet full of summery cotton blouses and fabulously fitting pants and jeans already(in my mind) - if I could just make that a reality...

It was a busy day at work yesterday and I wanted something quick and easy to work on. I have been into making my own earrings lately, so I decided to make a bracelet to match a pair of earrings I made recently. Well, 4 bracelets and two pairs of earring later:
I already had the top left and bottom right earrings made, but everything else was started and finished this evening. I'm still an amateur, obviously, but it's so amazing how easily and cheaply some jewelry can be made. All the beads are glass or polished stone. I had fun!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been by in a while but it's amazing how much sewing you've been up to!!! If you were living closer I would love to help you.
    Your accessories look like lots of fun too. =( Miss seeing you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You sound like me with the sleeves. I'm cutting out pants to avoid putting the sleeves in the dress I have started (not one of the new patterns, though). I'd love to see which patterns you bought. We can motivate each other since I'm so easily distracted. I don't think the sleeves look to long on the jacket at all, but if you want them shorter, is there enough hem to cuff them perhaps?? So far so good with the iron. It puts out the heat and also has vertical steam. My sewing room is hot, but what can I say??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely compliment. The dress is a quick one and look forward to your FO. The jacket is coming along nicely. At one time I loathe setting in sleeves, but now I place the garment wrong side out on the mannequinn and pin the sleeves. It works better for me.

    ReplyDelete